Healthcare Consulting Services
Numerous studies show that healthy workers are happier, more productive workers who incur lower health care costs. For example, a recent Harvard University study showed that for each dollar spent on wellness programs, companies saved $3.27 in health care costs and $2.73 in absenteeism costs.
We can help you adapt the culture to embrace and promote employee health and wellness within your organization.
We also provide integrative health assessments for medical practices that want to improve patient outcomes and apply an integrative health approach to their practice.
Areas of Expertise
We apply experience and skills from a variety of health care settings and organizations in the U.S. and Canada – academic research, hospital and home care, public health, health care administration, and integrative health coaching. Particular areas of expertise include:
- Application of research for program design, implementation and evaluation
- Personalized health planning to promote sustainable health behavior change for individuals or groups
- Healthcare public policy
What We Do
From a customized presentation, to a rigorous study, to a complete program, Better Choices Wellness can help your organization empower its employees to be healthier in a sustainable way. Here are some examples:
- Individual or group coaching to improve health and wellness
- Help people manage chronic illnesses
- Help people take small steps that can lead to big changes
- Help people develop a vision, goals and action steps to improve health and wellness
- Help establish outcome measures for health and wellness programs
- Provide information, structure, motivation and accountability to support health behavior change
- Programs for mindful eating
- Programs for self-compassion, which are based on the science that supports such efforts
- Practical, easy mindfulness practices, which can help reduce stress
- Integrative health assessments for patients of medical practices
How may we help you and your organization? Let’s explore together.
Deborah Lee, PhD, RN, NBC-HWC
President, Better Choices Wellness. Wellness Consultant, National Board Certified-Health & Wellness Coach and Duke Certified Integrative Health Coach.
Instructor, Integrative Health Coach Training Program & Certification Program, Duke University Integrative Medicine
Mentor, Vanderbilt Health Coaching Certificate Program and Meharry Medical College-Vanderbilt Health Coaching Program.
PhD in Nursing,
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Master of Nursing (MN),
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Western Kentucky University
Integrative Health Coach Training Prgm & Certification Prgm, Duke University Integrative Medicine
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach