How We Work
How coaching works
You are in charge. You decide where you want to be. We’re here to help you get there.
You set the agenda for your own health. You decide how you think you can do it, what you think are reasonable goals, how long you need to meet them. We help you develop a plan, and we stay connected with you to help you achieve it.
Your life will improve. You can feel better, be stronger, and have a better life.
Who benefits from health coaching?
Our clients range from people who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness and want to minimize its impact, to people who just want to feel better and are ready to explore lifestyle changes that could help.
Some of our clients have been told by doctors that they need to change their habits but they don’t know how or where to begin. Others have adopted some changes but haven’t gotten as far as they wanted. They tell us they feel “stuck.”
How does it work?
Your coach will work with you 1:1 to make lifelong changes that will help you feel better every day. Using proven tools and methods developed by Duke Integrative Medicine, your coach will guide you through a process to decide what you want and how you’ll get there.
Through our sessions you will be able to:
- Clarify your health goals and develop a plan to adopt and maintain behaviors, choices and attitudes that will help you achieve optimal health
- Guide you in your personal care and health-maintenance activities
- Assist you in reducing the negative impacts of chronic conditions, such as heart disease, arthritis, cancer and diabetes.
Where will we meet?
Our sessions will be conducted primarily by phone. In-person and Skype computer aided sessions also can be arranged.
In addition to our sessions, you will be provided work sheets and educational resources to aid in your progress.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, health coaching may be just what you need.
- Have you tried to adopt new health habits but haven’t been successful?
- Did your doctor tell you there is nothing more they can do to help you, and that lifestyle changes would help?
- Do you wish you had more energy and less stress so you can do more things you want to do?
- Do you feel stuck? Have you made some changes but haven’t been able to get where you want to be, or feel how you want to feel?
- Are you struggling with an issue in your personal or professional life and feel there’s no way to change the situation?